Sunday, January 22, 2012

Black Bear


So our weather has really been terrible in south Alabama lately and so has our hunting. Now let me say that we have seen some deer and I have let a 9 point walk and the same 8 point walk twice to the dismay of my 8 year old. I suppose I should have let him shoot the 8 point, but it was 4:15 in the afternoon and I thought a much bigger deer was going to grace us with his presence, however; he must have had something else on his mind. So I have endured 4 days of... "Why didn't you let me shoot that deer?", and "Momma, I can't believe you didn't let me shoot it! Will you let me shoot it next time?", every 30 minutes.
We have captured a few nice bucks on our game cameras though.






A friend of mine, Karen Baxter, sent me some pictures of a black bear that they have captured on their game camera. Black bears in south Alabama are not that common to see. They are also illegal to kill and are protected in our area. They caught the bear in a patch aptly named "The Bear Patch".








 

We only have a few more days left of our deer season, so hopefully we will be able to get a few more before the season is out.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment