As I sit here in front of the computer, I am not sure where to start. So, I suppose I will begin at the beginning.
We ended the morning with our limit and headed back to camp. His mom, Mrs. Gloria, had breakfast cooked and the camp warm. It really was a fantastic time for me.
Did I mention that Blane graduated this year from The University of Alabama Law School and PASSED the BAR Exam? So if you are in Alabama and are in need of a lawyer he is your man. He comes highly recommend. Thanks Blane for the great hunt and for helping people out in need of a lawyer, not that I would know anyone or anything.
We also saw the addition of 4 new members to our family, 3 of them together. Both my sister-n-laws became new and first time moms this year.
First Stanton and Kellie had Kallie
Then Shanna and Andy had not 1, not 2, but 3 new babies and they are first time parents too to Joseph, Emma, and Alex...
This year has also been a year for reconnection with a person who has meant alot to me and has probably shaped my life more than I realized. My
step Dad, Nick. We have not really spoken in about 10 years or so due to many reasons. But he raised me since I was about 3. He and my mom divorced a while back, and now he is remarried and is living the cowboy life in Wyoming(BRRRRR!!). He seems to be thoroughly enjoying his retirement and living there. We have many things in common. We share the same birthday, views on many things from politics to....., we also share the uncanny ability to be a real smart ass all the time without trying and many times unintentionally(ok maybe not). The latter seems to be an advantage or disadvantage depending on which end you seem to be on, the receiving or the giving, and depending on how you view things, people, and their subsequent stupidity. So one of these days I plan on making a trek to Wyoming for a visit...you never know what the cat (or wolf in this case) may drag up. This is a great thing as well for this year!
Learning and Teaching
"Judge not lest ye be judged."
"If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue, but deceives his heart, this man's religion is worthless" James 1:26
I am not on overly religious person, but these two verses really seem to ring true for this year.
This has also been the year for people to show who they really are when they think no one is looking. After all, isn't there always someone looking?
It's a funny thing ... people and life. Even people you seem to put on a pedestal, whether intentionally or not, don't deserve to be there. They will disappoint you every time. They were probably pretending to be the person you only thought they were, but in the end they always reveal the truth about themselves. ...Lesson taught and learned!
Things I know to be true about myself, which this year has just reaffirmed these things:
- I am who I am no matter what or who is watching. -What you see is what you get. Like it or get in line behind all others.
- I usually say what every one else is thinking...sometimes this isn't a good thing.
- I AM a person of my word. - I f I say I am going to do something... you need to put your money where you mouth is if you don't believe it. After all a person is only as good as their word or so I have been told.
- I don't, nor have I ever, like fake or pretend people.- So don't bother because I will not pretend for you so just keep it movin!. I don't put on dog and pony shows for people, however I do know people who have perfected this to a fine art.
- I absolutely loooovvveee ( sarcasm here, if you didn't pick up on it) people who act a certain way Monday-Saturday, but come Sunday try to pretend to be Holy than Thou. Reminds me of the Pharisees, or hypocrites, well there are many names for it. However, who am I to judge? I mean at least you're there, which I can't say the same for me, but that's probably why I am not there.
Above all else I taught myself a lesson....
I am blessed beyond measure no matter what anyone says, does, or thinks because they are not the ones who matter.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!